Get some Peace

Good Morning. This is the view out the balcony today. Peacful and inviting. Or at least it appears to be.
We brought the kids and came to Panama City, Florida with my brother-in-law Paul. That makes the total count =10.  7 kids and 3 adults. Yesterday I spent a lot of the time cooking, shopping for bathing suits that were left behind or too small, breaking up arguments and being a peace-keeper, issuing naps and being the director of the time management department. All this was going on while the guys did…..um….I’m not really sure what they were doing. For anyone who is married with children, you know what I mean.

Now don’t get me wrong, I love my family but my idea of a vacation at the beach includes things like reading a good book while lounging near the surf, sipping something cold and taking a dip in cool water without multiple monkeys attached to my back. Oh wait. That was life before kids. Some surreal dream I think I had long, long ago.
So I”m awake this morning with my Zoe because she didn’t get the memo about sleeping in while we’re on vacation and I have some time to prepare myself for what could be a repeat of yesterday.
(insert picture of me with eyes closed repeating some slick saying over and over)

OK.  I thought of one.

“You will go exceedingly farther in 2 months by being genuinely interested in 2 people than you will in 2 years of  trying to get people interested in you”

Ahhh. Focus. Love. Give. Serve. Go with the flow.

Go to the beach and play.  Whatever you’re doing today, make it worth giving up a day of your life for.

1. Tammy said . . .

You, my friend, are more of a woman than me!

Posted September 16, 2008 at 12:11 pm | Permalink
  2. ashley said . . .

what part of “don’t you ever go to the beach without me again” didn’t you understand. next time take me and i can help with the monkey management

Posted September 16, 2008 at 2:38 pm | Permalink
  3. Jody said . . .

Uhhh, c’mon. You’re at the beach….how bad can it really be??????

Posted September 16, 2008 at 6:44 pm | Permalink
  4. Leigh Ann said . . .

Shawna, I have two words for you “Girls Trip”… I love ya, hang in there. I’m praying for you
    Leigh Ann

Posted September 16, 2008 at 10:58 pm | Permalink
  5. Linze said . . .

The beach is wonderful, no matter what you’re doing there.

Posted September 16, 2008 at 11:54 pm | Permalink
  6. Lolly said . . .

You posted a picture! Okay, now I want more! :) *Add funny little voice to this one* YOU CAN DO IT!

Try to get some R&R the best you can! Love you! And hey, I’m with Leigh Ann! :)

Posted September 17, 2008 at 1:16 am | Permalink
  7. Boy, do I know what you mean! I just got back from our Disney World vacation, and can relate. Traveling with a three-year-old boy does not a peaceful vacation make. I wouldn’t trade it for the world, but sometime I just need a break!

Posted September 18, 2008 at 10:22 pm | Permalink
  8. Nana said . . .

It’s called share the burden…..(remind the guys) then you can enjoy much more with everyone
    Have fun
    mom

Posted September 19, 2008 at 11:24 am | Permalink
  9. hubby said . . .

You are amazing BABY! And you do it all with out complaining very much at all. No really, I appreciate you letting me comb the shoreline for shells for hours yesterday.

Posted September 19, 2008 at 5:14 pm | Permalink