Mar + Et’Chane { 9. twenty. 08 }

Detail Extraordinaire!  This wedding was incredi ble.  Mar has an impecable knack for the little (and big) personal touches that really make a wedding unique.  When I met her and Et’Chane almost a year ago, I knew immediately that there was nothing ‘usual’ about them.  As individuals, they each have a strong sense of style and as a couple, they are just dynamic!  The wedding was held at the Grand Hyatt in Buckhead and when I arrived the bridal suite was filled with energy, excitement and anticipation.  Nicola Horton of Your Agenda Events kept everything  running smoothly.

A stunning gown by Rivini and shoes, with no less of a statement, by Gucci.

Mar choose beautiful gifts for the wedding party, jewelry for bridesmaids and flower girl, embroidered hankercheif for dad and cuff links for Et’Chane.

During the preparations, Et’Chane texted chivalrous, romantic messages to each of Mar’s attendants and they came to her and read each message. Way to raise the standard, Et’Chane!
On Occasions of Atlanta did a beautiful job on the flowers. The Ceremony was gorgeous and the ballroom looked insane!

This is Mar’s best friend (kind of like a brother) Jesse.  He was a tremendous help during the entire day, and here he is trying to keep it together after seeing Mar for the first time with her veil on.  It’s OK, Jesse!  Crying makes great photos!

The stunning Mar Keisha Theresa Bellard.  Steve Moore Agancy provided flawless makeup and is always a great pleasure to work with. Credit for hair goes to Najah Aziz of Like a River hair salon.

I love the light here. We stepped outside and stood under the awning with the doors open behind to show some ambient light.

Et’Chane Javar Towers.  Smooth. Stylish. Loves to dance. Loves to cook. { Click here if you are in the market for a personal Chef!}  A very personable graduate from Moorhouse University with a great bunch of friends. What stands out more than any of these things is that he is undeniably and absolutely head over heels in love with Mar. It’s visible even from afar.

A beautiful detail that honored loved ones who have passed away. Orchids were carried in the processional and tucked into the Chuppah.

Overlooking the Japanese Gardens on the Terrace of the Grand Hyatt. The colors of Fuscia, Navy Blue and Grey were incorporated throughout the intire event.

A tender moment as Et’Chane sees Mar coming down the aisle.

There was a wonderful reverence during the Ceremony. There were tears, laughter, poetry readings and a beautiful exchange of vows. I love this shot of one of the Groomsmens hands.

Mr & Mrs. Towers. I love all the little point and shoot cameras!

There are so many pictures from this wedding that tell a little part of the story. Mar and Et’Chane just sizzle on the camera. It’s been so hard for me to narrow it down to post this blog entry. I just love you two! Congratulations!!

The Logo repeated throughout the event was an adorable ME.

Event Drapery  and Tabletoppersturned an ordinary ballroom into an extavagant wonderland. 2 corners of the ballroom were turned into chic lounges complete with couches and candlelight.

Frosted Pumpkinmelted everyone’s mouths with their exquisite cakes.

I love the name of the margaritas. How clever!

There was definately a first at this wedding as Mar and Et’Chane told me last year that they really wanted a photo booth. I’m always game for “firsts” so I brought some props and set up in the hallway during the reception. Amanda Phillips agreed to come and be in charge and she had a blast getting crazy with the guests. Everyone got in on the action and all had a great time.

The Catchers of the Boquet and Garter….the next Mr. & Mrs???

This is one of my favorites. Nothing like a surprise shot of silly string in the face!

There is so much more I could say but I have to stop somewhere.   It was just a wonderful wedding and I am so grateful to have been a part of it.  All the best to you both, Mr & Mrs. Towers.  You guys ROCK!

{{{{WATCH THEIR SLIDESHOW HERE!!}}}}

1. Michelle said . . .

GORGEOUS!! I absolutely love the color palette. All the details were perfectly executed. And the photo booth was hilarious! Another great wedding!!

Posted September 29, 2008 at 10:02 pm | Permalink
  2. ashley said . . .

that was a kick a$$ wedding with a kick a$$ photographer. Mar and Et’ you two looked fabulous and it looks like the event was amazing, wish I could have been there:)

Posted September 29, 2008 at 11:56 pm | Permalink
  3. ashley said . . .

i’m blown away!

Posted September 30, 2008 at 12:20 am | Permalink
  4. Et'Chane said . . .

I checked my email b4 I headed back to work, and what a suprise in my inbox! I am laughing/crying/everything over here while Mar is sleeping :) I’m sure she’ll see them when she awakes! I’m just glad I got to see them b4 she did! I beat her to them! Thanks again Shawna, EXCELLENT!

Posted September 30, 2008 at 7:17 am | Permalink
  5. Carla said . . .

Absolutely gorgeous! Everything was unbelievably breathtaking in person, but your work takes it to a new level. I’m glad I had a small hand in bringing Mar and Et’chane’s visions to life. Thank you for capturing the beauty and love of that day. Fabulous work!

Posted September 30, 2008 at 8:35 am | Permalink
  6. Julia said . . .

What a pleasure to work with these two! The entire event was absolutely gorgeous and Shawna, your photography truly encapsulates the entire wedding and festivities. Thank you so much for sharing!

Posted September 30, 2008 at 8:56 am | Permalink
  7. Jesse said . . .

This by far gets the wedding of the year award! Shawna the pictures are absolutely amazing! Can someone ask them to throw a 1 month anniversary reception?!?! Still recovering, JJ

Posted September 30, 2008 at 9:04 am | Permalink
  8. Michele Hall said . . .

WOW Shawna
    you are amazing in capturing the most intimate details. This wedding was one of the most elegant weddings that I have been too and we had a ball too.
    Everyone looked amazing and you caught it all. I’m with Jessie, they should throw another reception like that, they did not miss a beat with any other the details.

Michele

Posted September 30, 2008 at 9:55 am | Permalink
  9. Pamela (PJ) said . . .

Sooooo FAB!!! I totally missed this photo blog the first time I looked at the slide show but then I realized you could scroll down and WOW!! What amazing detail, commentary, and style. The wedding was amazing and your photography is head and shoulders above what I’ve seen from any other wedding. I will certainly look you up when my day comes. Smooches!!!

Pamela (PJ)

Posted September 30, 2008 at 10:07 am | Permalink
  10. Gigiwells said . . .

I am blown away!!! Shawna your photos are incredible. The impromtu photos are hilarious! Jesse, since they are back from the honeymoon, we might be able to pull off a 2 week anniversary party! I had a great time! Finally I can show some pictures that aren’t trapped inside my Fuji Camera! lol

Posted September 30, 2008 at 1:45 pm | Permalink
  11. Gigiwells said . . .

Question… I know there is a “TIP OF THE DAY” for sleeping on the job. Are there any tips for getting caught looking at your BFF’s wedding pics and blogging?

Posted September 30, 2008 at 1:57 pm | Permalink
  12. Shawna said . . .

Gigi, my only advice is “Blame the Photograqpher.” ( you know a true friend when they are willing to take the hear for you! )

Posted September 30, 2008 at 2:12 pm | Permalink
  13. gail said . . .

I’ve been waiting for you to post the pictures. Lovely couple, lovely details – lovely pictures. What a beautiful wedding and couple!

Posted September 30, 2008 at 5:29 pm | Permalink
  14. Courtney said . . .

SHAWNA!!!! These are stunning!

Posted October 1, 2008 at 8:05 am | Permalink
  15. Shauntelle Henderson said . . .

I am a friend of a friend who attended the wedding but I must say these are some beautiful pictures and the wedding looks as if it was exquist. I love the way the pictures capture realness they don’t look posed. I am truly blown away

Posted October 1, 2008 at 2:09 pm | Permalink
  16. Debra said . . .

This wedding is the epitome of class ! Such a beautiful & happy couple.
    May God hold this Unity together forever.

Posted October 1, 2008 at 2:43 pm | Permalink
  17. Mar said . . .

Job well done Shawna…I know talent when I see it and your work stood out to me from day one. Thanks for bringing our details to life and capturing every moment of our day! I’ll never forget the day, and I’ll have the pictures for a lifetime to re live the moment.

Posted October 1, 2008 at 3:48 pm | Permalink
  18. Jeryn Turner said . . .

Simply Amazing…the photos and the slideshow are great!!!! It looks like a great event and a great time for all:)

Love and Blessings,
    Jeryn

Posted October 1, 2008 at 6:29 pm | Permalink
  19. Frankie said . . .

I had the best time ever at your wedding. Everything about that day spoke volumes to your personalities and styles…absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for allowing me to share in such a fabulous wedding.

Posted October 2, 2008 at 10:25 am | Permalink
  20. Lori said . . .

Girl, you are the bomb! Awesome work and those reception pictures are amazing, but then they all are. You inspire me! Thank you!

Posted October 3, 2008 at 8:26 am | Permalink
  21. Sulean said . . .

Beautiful day for an extraordinary couple! The pictures are amazing, they truly capture the essence of the day and the commentary adds that little touch. Once again great job at encapsulating the moment! I feel as if I am at the wedding all over again!

Posted October 6, 2008 at 2:52 pm | Permalink
  22. Sabine said . . .

You both are beautiful and your love radiates! Having seen these photos; you (my dear) have raised the bar in the celebration on black love! Great job Nicola and my stylist Najha!

Posted October 7, 2008 at 10:44 pm | Permalink
  23. ANGE LUCAS said . . .

etch (cuz tut) very beautiful wedding. of course ike hit us here in houston so i’m sorry i missed your day. very very very beautiful. may God continue to bless your marriage.

Posted October 14, 2008 at 1:23 am | Permalink
  24. Dekisha said . . .

Hey, Etchane

Your pictures and wedding are beautiful

Keep up the good work!

I wish I could of come

See you and your new wife this Thanksgiving

May God Bless the both of you

What an essence and a aumbiance

Posted October 17, 2008 at 9:48 pm | Permalink
  25. Yolanda Anderson said . . .

Congrats!!! to the newly weds, may God bless your union…I just wanted to say the wedding was beautiful and thank you again for the invite, I had a great time…and the pictures are extraordinary, classic!

Posted October 18, 2008 at 7:59 pm | Permalink
  26. Aunt Cookie said . . .

Hello Baby, Your wedding was breath taking. I am sorry I was unable to share that beautiful day with you and your bride. I just wanted to say I love you and I haven’t forgotten about you.

Love

Cookie

Posted October 19, 2008 at 2:04 am | Permalink
  27. Crystal Weston said . . .

Awh…that was beautiful and breath taking. Wow! I am so happy and for the both of you.

Posted October 22, 2008 at 6:14 pm | Permalink
  28. Lisa R. Zachery said . . .

Nothing short of FABULOUS! Shawna, I certainly hope to work with you in 2009. This wedding was amazing!

Posted December 22, 2008 at 12:38 pm | Permalink
  29. Rhonda Patton said . . .

…the photography is absolutely amazing…Beautiful Job!!!

Posted January 14, 2009 at 1:58 pm | Permalink
  30. Mihanee Johnson said . . .

You and you’re bride look so happy. She is truly astonishing and your wedding looked beautiful…PLATINUM. Congratualtions to the two of you and may GOD bless many years to come.

Always,

Mihanee

Posted January 28, 2009 at 1:22 am | Permalink

2 Trackbacks

1. By Shawna Herring Blog » Drake Lamont Towers on October 15, 2009 at 10:45 am

[...] love seeing my previous wedding couples have babies. It makes me feel like part of their family. Mar and Et’Chane have been moved into the new parents category with the arrival of Drake on September 27, 2009. He is [...]

2. [...] was a bridesmaid at this wedding and she remembered me when it came time to document her pregnancy. I couldn’t think of a [...]