Bye-bye Toyota

So this is my car at the wrecking yard. Steve went down to get all my stuff out and took a few pictures. It looks awful. I was rear ended at 45 PMH while I was waiting to turn into my neighborhood and knocked into oncoming traffic and hit again at 45 MPH. I wasn’t wearing my seatbelt. Miraculously, i have no broken bones or internal organ damage but I have never felt so much pain in my life. I can barely walk and I need help going to the bathroom. I have 8 stiches on the right side of my eye and a corneal laceration on my right eye. My mom and sister flew in on Wed. to help and I am so grateful for them. I can’t hold Zoe and that’s hard. I’m on muscle relaxers and percocet. Please keep me in your prayers, I would like to be 100% better within a week. ( yes, I’m dreaming big because God is big)
Lots of love, Shawna

1. Lori Lou said . . .

I’m so glad it wasn’t worse than it was, but I am praying for a speedy recovery! Happy Birthday, Shawna! Love you!

Posted February 20, 2009 at 10:27 am | Permalink
  2. Heather said . . .

Shawna! You ARE blessed to not be injured more, but you poor thing you must be in terrible pain. My husband was in a wedding you photographed a couple of years ago (Jono & Sissy Massie) and I have been following your blog since then. I don’t know why this is the first time I have ever commented but I just thought you needed some love today. :) I am praying now for a speedy recovery for you.

Posted February 20, 2009 at 10:35 am | Permalink
  3. Kim Robinson said . . .

DUDE!!!!!!

Wow, I can’t believe you survived that horrible accident. I am so happy to hear that you are doing o.k. Recovery will take some time, just be patient and do everything the doctor and physical therapist tell you to do, and for God’s sake – WEAR YOUR SEATBELT (hosehead)!!!!! I do have to admit that when I am a block away from my house I do unclick my seatbelt (yes, I’m a hose too). Guess I won’t be doing that again. It’s wonderful that you have family there to help you. Take care of yourself Shawna, and hope to hear from you soon.

Aloha,
    Kim

Posted February 20, 2009 at 2:23 pm | Permalink
  4. Cindy said . . .

OMG – What a heck of a way to spend your B’day!!!! Glad to hear you are still “earthbound”, we hope you recover quickly. If the doctors recommend some recovery time in a warm and sunny place let me know. Luv ya, Cindy

Posted February 20, 2009 at 2:29 pm | Permalink
  5. gail said . . .

We heard the news from Nikki. So glad that you are going to be okay with some rest and healing. We need you around, so take care of your self. We are sending you a little something, something! Get well soon.

Posted February 20, 2009 at 5:12 pm | Permalink
  6. Laurie Thalman said . . .

You are being watched over big time! Being alive has got to be a very amazing birthday present all by itself. Get well soon. You know we will be praying for you.

Posted February 20, 2009 at 7:03 pm | Permalink
  7. morgan said . . .

incredible. i linked over from bird.
    my stomach dropped when i saw your vehicle.
    i wish you a speedy recovery and a happy birthday!

Posted February 20, 2009 at 8:06 pm | Permalink
  8. Chris F. said . . .

Oh, Shawna, you are in our thoughts and prayers. Lots of love to you from all of us. It’s truly miraculous that you made it through without more serious injuries. We will be thinking of you and sending lots of positive thoughts and love your way.

Posted February 20, 2009 at 10:34 pm | Permalink
  9. Claire said . . .

Shawna! I just now clued in to your accident. I am so glad that you are as well as you are because the car looks really really bad. I just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday and then saw this. You are blessed that your mom and sister are there and I feel better knowing that. I will pray that your pain subsides quickly and that there won’t be any residual effects. This is what I hope for you. Love, Claire

Posted February 21, 2009 at 12:58 am | Permalink
  10. Megan Carey said . . .

Hey Shawna,

I am so sorry about your accident. I can def. relate and am praying for no long term problems and a speedy recovery. Thank goodness you’re ok.

God Bless,
    ~Meg

Posted February 21, 2009 at 9:15 am | Permalink
  11. olivia said . . .

i know ashley. she speaks the best of you. and she wrote of your birthday and crash. i wish you the best feel-better wishes and birthday wishes too.

Posted February 21, 2009 at 1:10 pm | Permalink
  12. Shawna,

OMG! I was thinking about you this weekend because your bday and my bday are so close together. You poor thing! You are soooooo lucky. Sending you giant hugs. I’ll email you separately.

Shell

Posted February 22, 2009 at 2:14 pm | Permalink
  13. ron storer said . . .

holy smokes…girl you got clobbered! Will be praying for you:)

Posted February 24, 2009 at 2:11 pm | Permalink
  14. Madison said . . .

I am so glad that the accident wasnt terrible. The car looks very bad, but at least you didnt break any bones. A gaurdian angel was definetly watching over you and the car.

Posted February 24, 2009 at 10:59 pm | Permalink
  15. Angi Snyder said . . .

Shawna, this is awful! Wear your seatbelt, you’ve been lucky twice now…remember when you rolled your rabbit on State and Mom and I were there with you on the ambulance? Lets not try for number 3! Hope you get better really soon, I’m praying for you! Love you lots!

Posted February 26, 2009 at 11:21 pm | Permalink
  16. Eishia said . . .

Shawna,
    I am so sorry to hear about your accident! I will be praying for you…. God Bless!

Love,