A bride and her maids {tybee island}

Katie is getting married in New York in a few months and for her bachelorette party she invited her closest friends to spend the weekend in Savannah for some shopping, laughing and secret girl stuff. I met them at the pier in between rain showers and leprechauns and recorded the nuances of friendships that are sure to last and grow. This is one of my favorite pictures of the day.

Click on an image to view full size.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Check out their super cute slideshow HERE}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

1. Courtney Blethen said . . .

SHAWNA!!
    THESE PICTURES ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!OMG!!!HAHA! I JUST CALLED THE BRIDE, KATIE, AND SHE AND I LOOKED AT THEM TOGETHER OVER THE PHONE, SCREAMING AND LAUGHING!!! I LOVE THE SLIDESHOW, AND THE SONG IS TOO PERFECT! THE SERIES PICTURES ARE SOOOO FUNNY!! HAHA!! YOU WERE SOOOOOO MUCH FUN TO SHOOT WITH!! YOU HAVE SUCH AMAZING QUALITIES ABOUT YOURSELF THAT MAKES IT SO EASY AND FUN AND TOTALLY NATURAL TO BE WITH YOU AND YOUR CAMERA! THESE ARE PICTURES THAT WE WILL HAVE FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES…SO PRECIOUS TO ME!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! YOU REALLY DO BREATHTAKING, HEART-SKIPPING, TEARY-EYED WORK!
    I HOPE I NEED A PHOTOGRAPHER AGAIN SOON…CAUSE YOU WILL HEAR FROM ME!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
    COURTNEY

Posted March 21, 2010 at 10:39 pm | Permalink
  2. What great images!
    So authentic and personal- a perfect way to document friendship in connection with such a huge milestone!

Posted March 21, 2010 at 11:08 pm | Permalink
  3. Skip Kotkins said . . .

OMG>>>>>> the BEST BEST BEST pics ever of “the girls.” Just fantastic.

Posted March 22, 2010 at 12:04 am | Permalink
  4. Debbie Blethen said . . .

Lordy…life just doesn’t get more joyful…6 exquisitely beautiful friends celebrating!!!!!!! I watched through ‘happy tears’!!!! XO

Posted March 22, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Permalink
  5. Shawna said . . .

Shawna,

I am sitting here, with a glass of wine, and watching your Savannah video. Your work is amazing … I feel like I was secretly hiding, watching, and laughing along with the girls. Your pictures evoke such a strong connection to your subjects that it makes me want to take my shoes off and jump right into the video. You are blessed! Shelley

Posted April 12, 2010 at 7:19 pm | Permalink
  6. Linda Schenk said . . .

What a great video! I loved it,I felt like I was there with them playing
    on the beach and I love Mr. Sandman——- SUCH FUN!

Posted April 13, 2010 at 9:42 am | Permalink